At Winsor Health we are committed to our Person Centred Philosophy and to protecting the rights of the person served. These are YOUR rights. If at any time you feel that your rights have not been fully protected, we encourage you to contact us so that we may address your concerns.
- Privacy & Confidentiality – You have the right to know that your personal information is being handled appropriately, at all times protecting your privacy and confidential information. Winsor Health’s Privacy and Confidentiality Policies are
available for review at www.winsorhealth.ca.
- Transparency – You have the right to know what personal information is being kept about you, how it is being stored, distributed and disposed of.
- Access to Information – You have the right to request the personal information we have about you.
- Dignity and Respect – You have the right to be treated with the utmost dignity and respect at all times during the assessment process.
- Freedom from Discrimination – you have the right to know that you will be treated fairly, respectfully and without discrimination with respect to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, age, marital status, or ability.
- Freedom from Abuse – You have the right to freedom from any kind of abuse or neglect, including but not limited to physical, sexual or emotional abuse, exploitation, humiliation or retaliation.
- Health and Safety – Your health and safety during the assessment process are protected by Winsor Health’s policies and procedures, including our evacuation policy for emergency situations, and access to quick First Aid if required.
- Freedom to Choose – You have the right to end an assessment at any time without providing a reason to our staff or the assessor, and without retaliation from Winsor Health or its staff or external resources.
- Grievance or Complaints – You have the right to file a grievance or complaint against Winsor Health, its staff or external resources without fear of retaliation. Winsor Health’s Complaint Management Policy and Complaint Form is available at